CFAF240320E-T Initialization

skoberlink

I've just purchased the CFAF240320E-T and I've been trying to write some test programs to get familiar with this screen. To figure out initialization, I've been looking at the provided sample source code. I pretty much understand why every thing is happening except for a few lines:

Code:
write_command(0x00FF); 
write_data(0x0001);
write_command(0x00F3);
write_data(0x0008);
write_command(0x00F3);
That code is before any of the other initial register writes but I can't figure out why you need to write those values to those registers. There doesn't seem to be anything in the datasheet and all I can find on Google is that those lines are required but no reason why. I'm reluctant to use code I don't understand. Can anyone explain to me why those register writes are necessary?

EDIT: When I say that those lines seem to be required it seems to be required by the ili9325 driver and not by the LCD but I could be wrong about that.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Last edited:

skoberlink

unfortunately I can't give a link. This was sometime ago and I can't seem to find it again. Basically it was a google code page for the same LCD driver that included this code. So I suppose maybe I jumped to conclusions and it's not required they were just basing it off of sample code provided. I haven't found any other references to this block of code. As soon as I can start testing the screen I was going to try it with and then without this block of code and see what happened. As far as I can tell this won't fry the screen or anything...