cant compile plugins?

jdgordon

hey, im trying to make a plugin which will let u choose the way date/time is displayed... anyway i cant get it to compile...

im linking it with the cc2_lib.lib file and iv included the headers but im getting these linker errors..
Linking...
Creating library Release/c2_time.lib and object Release/c2_time.exp
LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib "MSVCRT" conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _get_data
main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _update
main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _load_settings
cc2_libs.lib(log.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___security_cookie
cc2_libs.lib(timing.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___security_cookie
cc2_libs.lib(log.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol @__security_check_cookie@4
cc2_libs.lib(timing.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol @__security_check_cookie@4
cc2_libs.lib(timing.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __ftol2
Release/c2_time.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 6 unresolved externals
? (im using M$ visual studio 6)
________
Fix Ps3
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Last edited:

CF Mark

Administrator
Code:
main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _get_data
main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _update
main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _load_settings
Where are the calls to these located in your code?
They are not functions located in the libs...

cc2_libs.lib(log.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___security_cookie
cc2_libs.lib(timing.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___security_cookie
cc2_libs.lib(log.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol @__security_check_cookie@4
cc2_libs.lib(timing.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol @__security_check_cookie@4
cc2_libs.lib(timing.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __ftol2
"security_check_cookie" isnt used directly in any of the libs source, so im not sure where the need for that is coming from.

Are you willing to try out the new MSVC 2005 Express Beta?
Im currently using this for CC2 devel and it would help if i could supply you a new version of the libs created with this.
Its free from MS at the moment, as is the PSDK which is also needed.

BTW, MSVC 2005 is actually quite a nice improvment over earlier versions.

jdgordon

hmm...
ive installed it but its now complaining about not finding windows.h???

PLEASE dont make it only possible to compile plugins with msvc2005... pleaase... its so slow and resource hungry (and u have to install .net 2 :'( )
________
Bbw Hardcore

Last edited:

CF Mark

Administrator
ive installed it but its now complaining about not finding windows.h???
Yeh, thats because it needs the PSDK.

PLEASE dont make it only possible to compile plugins with msvc2005... pleaase... its so slow and resource hungry (and u have to install .net 2 :'( ) [/B]
Yeh, i know, but i still quite like it.

Ok... can you open and compile the SDK project with MSVC 6 with no modifications?

CF Mark

Administrator
Ok.

The lib in the SDK was compiled with MSVC 7 and from some searching it seems the missing functions are used somewhere in MSVC 7 and later.

Not sure what i can do about this as i dont have MSVC 6 anymore, only 7 and 2005.

Ill try and find out if i can create lib's that older versions can use.