634 Info Screens

Crackers

This might be nice for any of you that run IPswitch WS_FTP server and would like to see info on your 634.

It just shows how many users are connected and how many files have been uploaded/downloaded since the service started.

Attachments

daks001

Crackers said:
This might be nice for any of you that run IPswitch WS_FTP server and would like to see info on your 634.

It just shows how many users are connected and how many files have been uploaded/downloaded since the service started.
Nice screen!

reider

Smart and effective, deceptively simple-thats just me. ;)
Nice one, welcome to the Screen Writers Guild! :D

If you skip the FTP Server Info title on the module display, then have line one for 'Connected' (static display), Line two Sent:number (amount of spaces) Recv:number and set this line as scroll you would be able to fit it in a 631.

Just copy virtually any simple 631 screen, use the line settings as a template and add option 7 for scroll on the 2nd line. Though this will automatically happen if over 20 characters.

Steve

Last edited:

Crackers

Any idea why some counters would suddenly stop working? The counters for my FTP do not seem to be updating for me anymore. This has nothing to do with CC2 , but just the counters themselves. If you have any ideas, that would be great :)

daks001

Originally posted by Crackers
Any idea why some counters would suddenly stop working? The counters for my FTP do not seem to be updating for me anymore. This has nothing to do with CC2 , but just the counters themselves. If you have any ideas, that would be great :)
Finally stumbled accross this searching through windows help... this MIGHT point you in the right direction...

Your counters no longer work after you installed a new application, and you would like to restore the old counter settings.

Cause: Whenever you install a new application that installs performance counters on the operating system, Windows creates a backup copy of the performance counter registry entries taken prior to the addition of the application's performance counters file. This backup is saved as a file named PerfStringBackup.INI. If Windows successfully adds the application's performance counters file, it then replaces the previous version of the PerfStringBackup.INI file with the file that it just created.

Solution: Restore the performance counter registry to the state described in the uncorrupted backup file by using the following command:

LODCTR /R:filename

where filename is name of the backup performance counter registry entry file.

Note

To make a backup copy at any time of the performance counter registry settings, use the following command:

LODCTR /S:filename

where filename is any name. You can save these backup files anywhere on your computer.
ooops I'm getting off topic here... ;)

Crackers

Thanks for looking that up. I ended up finding a weird combo not long before I read this though. I removed my info screen, re-installed the ftp server, rebooted, re-added screen and it all works again.