User Entered Text (634)

reider

This file is scrolling text for a 634 LCD screen. Four automatic text boxes will open, one at a time for your input. one text box for each of the four lines on the LCD panel.

Line one is currently static, (can be changed later).
Line two is scrolling text (can be changed later).
Line three is currently static (can be changed later).
Line four is currently static (can be changed later).

If you enter more than 20 characters on a line it will become a scrolling line. If you enter " " as the text input then that line will become a blank one. If you open the file in Notepad and change the configuration as follows then you can change the combination of static and scroll lines.

r00 is for line one, r01 is line two, r02 is line three and r03 is line four. Each one as options as in the two example lines below. Option 5=static text and option 7=scrolling text (subject to the 20 character rule). So, change them to suit and save, reload the screen and away you go. Ignore the Type in here comments for now, these are for another type of screen (a manual text type).

Steve

2 examples follow

[r00]
options=5

[r00-i00]
string="Type in here the text you wish in line 1 of the LCD"

[r01]
options=7

[r01-i00]
string="Type in here the text you wish in line 2 of the LCD?"
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

reider

This file is scrolling text for a 634 LCD screen. Unlike the file above, in this screen you open the file in Notepad and change the text entries by hand. This is handy for text input that doesn`t change that often and therefore doesn`t require the use of text input boxes.

Line one is currently static, (can be changed later).
Line two is scrolling text (can be changed later).
Line three is currently static (can be changed later).
Line four is currently static (can be changed later).

If you enter more than 20 characters on a line it will become a scrolling line. If you enter " " as the text input then that line will become a blank one. If you open the file in Notepad and change the configuration as follows then you can change the combination of static and scroll lines.

r00 is for line one, r01 is line two, r02 is line three and r03 is line four. Each one as options as in the two example lines below. Option 5=static text and option 7=scrolling text (subject to the 20 character rule). So, change them to suit and save, reload the screen and away you go. Ignore the Type in here comments for now, these are for another type of screen (a manual text type).

Steve

2 examples follow

[r00]
options=5

[r00-i00]
string="Type in here the text you wish in line 1 of the LCD"

[r01]
options=7

[r01-i00]
string="Type in here the text you wish in line 2 of the LCD?"

Attachments