Power issues while having SCAB connected

antand

Hi! Im having some problem with Chrystalfontz SCAB card.

Nothing is powered up in my computer as long as I have the power connected to the SCAB card. When I unplug only the power connector from SCAB, everything is fine.
I can also get power when the SCAB is powered if I, after I put the 230v chord in the PSU, just unplug and put back the power to the motherboard….

Setup:
tried different PSU:s: Corsair HX1050, FSP 750W
motherboard: gigabyte p67a-ud7-b3
SCAB and CFA635

Thankful for any help!
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Mark

Administrator
That is a strange problem.

Try unplugging everything from the SCAB except for the floppy-drive power connector and the SCAB to CFA635 cable.
What happens then?

CF Support2

Administrator
it goes to the CFA635

So you are pulling for the 7 pin header (J8) on the SCAB back to the CFA635?

That header is an extension of the GPIO lines from the CFA635 (via H1). The +5v, +12v, and ground lines are input to the SCAB. The module is should only be connected to the SCAB via the 16 pin cable (WREXTY15 is what you are using) - this connects power (+5v), GPIO, Fan control and temp sensors. I'm wondering if something got borked along the way.

antand

Im sorry but that cable was going to a ledboard and not to the cfa635. The only cable going to cfa635 from the scab is the silver cable.

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad

CF Support2

Administrator
My apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

With the SCAB connected to the PSU - you get no power on the system at all, correct?

This condition happens when the CFA635 is connected or is not connected -- I am wondering if there is a short somewhere. Can I have you un-mount the SCAB from the chassis and see if the problem continues?

antand

OK, so i got a new SCAB and still the same problem. lifted the card up from its place and plugged in the 230v power chord but still nothing.