CFA735 USB Driver

Luposky

Is the WHQL driver 32 bit only ? It doesn't install at all in my windows server 2012 r2 64 bit ...
The unsigned driver provide 64 bit version, recognize the hardware, but it is not signed and doesn't install in windows server ...

Any help ?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Mark

Administrator
Welcome to the forum.

I believe you are the first person to try the CFA735 drivers under Win Server 2012, so i cannot help you with any information as yet.
I'll get Win Server 2012 R2 x64 loaded here tomorrow and do some testing.

Ill keep you updated...

CF Support2

Administrator
I know that our current WHQL driver for the CFA735 is not certified on Windows Server 2012 (nor 2008 for that matter) but they will install manually. You will need to be logged in to the server directly as an Administrator. Remote Desktop won't let you update drivers.

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=crystalfontz

(you will need to use IE for the above link)

Download the drivers for CFA-735 USB that with Windows 8, Windows 8.1.

Extract the files in the .cab file by navigating to where you downloaded the file and open the folder
"Crystalfontz America, Inc. - Other hardware - CFA-735 USB VCOM (CDC ACM Device)"

Inside will be a .cab file with a ridiculously long file name - open this file, select the six files withing, right-click, select EXTRACT. Pick a location and extract.

Open Device Manger, right click on the CFA735, update driver, then choose location - navigate to where you just extracted the files from the .cab file.

You should now see the CFA-735 assigned to a COM port!

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad

Luposky

Thanks .... the situation is as follow:

1) download links from you web site for the CFA735 WHQL driver => NOT WORKING
2) download from catalog.update.microsoft.com, CFA-735 USB VCOM (CDC ACM Device), 17/12/2011, Windows 8.1 Drivers, version 15.32.22.983 => NOT WORKING
3) download from catalog.update.microsoft.com, CFA-735 USB VCOM (CDC ACM Device), 17/12/2011, Windows 8.1 Drivers, version 15.31.36.897 => WORKING !!!

Only the 'old' version (same date, same description, low version number) contains the cab with the 64 bit (AMD64) drivers. The other two versions contain just the 32 bit (X86) drivers ...
I have solved my problem, but it was very counterintuitive, can I suggest to you to put also the 64 bit WHQL version on your web site ?

Thanks for you time and support ..
LP