Control over UART

mikhail010

Hi, I'm using a CFA735 TFKKT6, and I'm trying to program it with an ATMEL Xplained pro SAM4L through full swing RS232. I have tested the LCD using the 635 win program and everything works just fine but when I try to send a simple clear command (0x06) nothing happens, not even a reply packet from the LCD reporting me an error or something. I am using the correct configurations of Baud rate, stop bit, parity, I don't know if i have to make a previous configuration on the LCD to communicate over serial or update the firmware? Any comment would be appreciated
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Mark

Administrator
Error reply packets are only sent back to the host if there is an invalid length or value in a properly formed request packet.
For example, if you send a backlight power setting packet with a power value of 150 (not in the valid 0-100 range), you'll receive an error reply.

So if you are not receiving an error packet, it means your request packet isn't formed correctly (ie: command,length,data,crc) or there is a com problem (ie, wrong baud rate).
For the clear command you should be sending: 0x06 0x00 0x1D 0xF1

mikhail010

Voltage levels

Error reply packets are only sent back to the host if there is an invalid length or value in a properly formed request packet.
For example, if you send a backlight power setting packet with a power value of 150 (not in the valid 0-100 range), you'll receive an error reply.

So if you are not receiving an error packet, it means your request packet isn't formed correctly (ie: command,length,data,crc) or there is a com problem (ie, wrong baud rate).
For the clear command you should be sending: 0x06 0x00 0x1D 0xF1
First of all thankyou for your quick response, i have been trying to make it work but I'm still stuck, the board I'm using to program the display has 32 bits registers so I'm sending the complete information at once but configuring the serial lenght information to 8 bits. Also the output pins of the board have a voltage range between 0 and 3 volts, do you think that could be a problem?