view angle 6 vs 12

efdsys

I,d like to use CFAG14432B-TFH-TT in my design but I need 12 o'clock view and of course it is optimized for 6.

What are the pitfalls of mounting the display upside down and using the "reverse" command? i,'ve never done this before. Will the built in text fonts work as expected?

Thanks
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

I believe that the 'reverse' instruction will invert the pixel state (black/white), and has no effect on the scan direction. So my guess is that you cannot use the internal fonts in an up-side-down mode. The only way to do this would be to use graphic mode and write your own bitmap characters up-side-down and right-to-left.

CF Support2

Administrator
On some modules, the LCD glass can be "flipped" so the polarizer which dictates the viewing angle is 180° from the original. The CFAG12864B family one of those. You can do it yourself, but we really don't recommend doing so.

We can also bring in our modules manufactures with a 12 o'clock viewing angle. Part number would be CFAG14432B-TFK-TT. Pricing is the same. Since it would be a special order, there will be an MOQ (minimum order quantity) of 10 or 20 pieces - will need to verify that for you when you place your order.

1 - To swap the glass around, make sure you have the LCD protected and set it face down on a CLEAN smooth, static safe work surface. The environment should be clean and free of dust, dirt, and any airborne debris.
2 - With a pair of small blunt (straight nose) pliers, carefully turn the bezel tabs towards the outside of the PCB. There are a total of six. They will move quite easily if you apply a GENTLE amount of pressure to the PCB near the tab.
3 - When all six have been moved, carefully lift the PCB straight up.
4 - Rotate the PCB 180°
5 - Set the PCB back down on the bezel assembly. There are alignment pins on the bezel so it will go back together correctly aligned.
6 - Using your small blunt pliers, turn the bezel tabs back in. Again, applying a GENTLE amount of pressure to the PCB will allow a smoother turn.

That should do it.