please help 7 pins lcd Truly

jinkuchi

I just buy this lcd module.

I can not find data sheet.

their web site not have this model. :confused:

it has 7 pins.

lcd50.jpg

please help I want to use it.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

A chinese forum thread suggests that maybe this LCD uses SPI interface. So, possibly the pins are:

ground
+5V
SPI clock
SPI data
chip select
backlight +
backlight -

This is only a guess. Seeing only one side of the pcb does not give enough info to speculate further.
What does the seller say about this part?

jinkuchi

A chinese forum thread suggests that maybe this LCD uses SPI interface. So, possibly the pins are:

ground
+5V
SPI clock
SPI data
chip select
backlight +
backlight -

This is only a guess. Seeing only one side of the pcb does not give enough info to speculate further.
What does the seller say about this part?
thank you for reply. :)
you may right.
in the back picture, pin 1 is go to ground.
pin 6,7 goto R 10k
in front picture, pin 3,4,5 go to the chip.

the seller is old Chinese lady, she know nothing. she said 1 line.
this is the front.
IMGP5157_1024.JPG

I try this web a lot. but not match any. http://www.trulydisplays.com/character/index.html

Last edited:
I would try to apply power and see what happens. Ground to pin 1, and +5v to pin 2. Possibly you will see some indication on the screen, like where the cells are partially darker, maybe not. Also, see if the backlight becomes lit, as maybe it is not powered on separate pins? I also wonder if one of the pins is a contrast control, where a variable resistor to ground can be used to vary the contrast (a few Kohms).

I think that the hardest part will be to discover the SPI pins by experiment. And then, you have no idea about the command protocol; maybe it is the same as a normal HD44780 type display, or maybe not. I suspect there will be too much trouble required to make this display usable, but you will have to decide what to do. I don't think any one can help, without a data sheet.