Using the CFAG160128B-YYH-TZ for text only

kdwalton

Hello all,

I am looking for a display for a project I am working on and I need a pretty big display. I found the CFAG160128B-YYH-TZ and it said that it had "built-in 5x7 font, 16 lines x 20 characters". It showed that exact sentence on the screen in the product photos so wouldn't it be able to display MORE than 20 characters? 16 lines will be plenty of room for my project but i'm struggling to find character space. Thanks!
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

It showed that exact sentence on the screen in the product photos so wouldn't it be able to display MORE than 20 characters? 16 lines will be plenty of room for my project but i'm struggling to find character space. Thanks!
Unclear about what you're asking. What character space are you struggling to find? Each line can contain 20 characters, so there can be 320 characters on the screen. This is a graphic display, so the registers must be setup properly for text mode to be in effect.

BTW, the sample photo is a bitmap image, and the text is not the same as what you'll get using the internal CGROM to make characters with the 5x7 font.