Which is the most recent version? 20110121 or 20110115?

Mike Eckman

The sticky at the top of the forum lists the latest version of CrystalControl2 as being dated 20110121.

https://forum.crystalfontz.com/showthread.php?6886-Download-and-Install-CrystalControl2-21-01-11

However, when I install the program, the date in the "About" screen shows 20110115, with a build number of 1119.

I imagine that this probably is the correct one, and maybe the date discrepancy is the amount of time after it was compiled to when it was actually posted on the forum. However, Id like to make absolute certain I am running the latest build.

And since I'm on the topic, are there any newer builds planned? I think the program is great as it is, and I can also appreciate the time of the developer is limited for a free product such as this, but theres always things that could make it better, and I wanted to know if we are close to a new release! :)
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Support2

Administrator
The link in the CC2 thread is the most currently available version. The file date and the compile date aren't always the same, so the difference is "ok".

CF Mark

Administrator
I imagine that this probably is the correct one, and maybe the date discrepancy is the amount of time after it was compiled to when it was actually posted on the forum. However, Id like to make absolute certain I am running the latest build.
You are dead on here.
You are running the latest version.

And since I'm on the topic, are there any newer builds planned? I think the program is great as it is, and I can also appreciate the time of the developer is limited for a free product such as this, but theres always things that could make it better, and I wanted to know if we are close to a new release! :)
There isn't a new release in works at the moment :(
We are currently working hard on developing & releasing new display products. Once those are available, ill probably get back to working on CrystalControl to get those new products supported, and hopefully some new features too.

KickButts

Sorry to disagree with the official answer, but my CC2 software keep saying that I'm not running the latest version, despite the fact that I downloaded from the sticky thread.

Like the friend above said:
filename: cc2setup-20110121.exe
release date:20110115
build: 1119