salvaged LCD and controller board pinout

aouate3

I salvaged 2 LCD modules from NEC DTERM Series E phones, they have a controller board on them, i believe it is a samsung board (one board says samsung) the connector is a 16 pin, and the only thing i was able to tell is that pin 2 and pin 5 are ground. the LCD does not have LED backlighting. I need to know the pinout of the board so i can use it in a project

the first lcd board has the numbering

A50-003128- 003
94V0
MBC24302Z03

the second lcd board has the numbering

NG-84458
OPCVO
2421A
SAMSUNG

and on the second board, this is (was) a sticker, some of the sticker is missing, but here is what i can read

UC243902
NARXAA

here are pictures of the boards
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Attachments

ttt1

I salvaged 2 LCD modules from NEC DTERM Series E phones, they have a controller board on them, i believe it is a samsung board (one board says samsung) the connector is a 16 pin, and the only thing i was able to tell is that pin 2 and pin 5 are ground. the LCD does not have LED backlighting. I need to know the pinout of the board so i can use it in a project
Ok, this might be ten years too late, but I've just been playing with some LCDs from NEC DTR-16D phones, these have 24 character by 3 line LCDs that look similar to yours, one has the model number NG-87243-001 and a blacked out number NG-84458-001, so presumably it is a revised or modified version. They use a Hitachi compatible controller. I have tentatively worked out that the relevant pins are as follows:
4RS
5E
6D0
7D1
8D2
9D3
10Vcc (3.3V)
11GND

But I haven't actually tried it out from a micro controller, so not 100% confirmed yet.

I have put all the data I know about them on http://projects.scorchingbay.nz/dokuwiki/electronic/lcd/ng87243 (there is data on a few other displays there too at http://projects.scorchingbay.nz/dokuwiki/electronic/lcd/start)

Hope that helps someone.