XES635: Get keys via interrrupts

plamen

Hallo all,
is it possible to read keys of XES635 without daemon checking keyboard i endless loop using interrrupt hooked to corresponding USB port? I run my own application at Voyage linux (clonned from Debian GNU/Linux), and i want to use keyboard of XES635 display to control this application without wasted processor time.

Thank you for answers.

P.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
From the hardware and module firmware point of view, this is the default behavior.

The CFA-635 will send key report packets when the key is pressed (is this disabled on your device?)

So your USB/RS-232 "I got data" interrupt can trigger a "check for packet", then there should be no need of any polling.

plamen

From the hardware and module firmware point of view ... but I am not sure if it is allowed by ftdi_sio linux kernel module. Fix me if I am wrong, but I cannot see interrupt endpoint when I show display using lsusb (see attached file). Could you please point me to an example how to use irq in such situation? I've checked lcdproc source and irq way is not used to fetch key presses.

Thank you,
P.

Attachments

CF Tech

Administrator
I am not that familiar with the FTDI stuff on the host side. I have only ever used it as a virtual com port under windows. I thought that the VCOM driver supported some kind of a signal or interrupt something to let you know data is there.

On Linux I do not have any knowledge. I'll ask CC Admin to see if he can find a solution.