software for DXM Pro FusionX computer?

Lucky

I have recently aquired a DXM Pro FusionX computer that had propriatary software on it, so i wiped the Hd, installed XP & would now like to make use of the LCD(?) front panel to show computer info such as core tempuratue, fan speed, etc, or possably what song is playing (that's what it used to do) or maybe just funny messages...

as it sits it's blank, but the back light is on.. makes a great night light, but i'd like to make use of it...

any suggestions on how to make it work? it's hooked up to COM2 on the motherboard.

Thanks!
--Lucky
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Lucky

I will in the next couple of days, the thing is a bear to get to, a ton of screws & clip-ins
Thanks!!
--Lucky

Lucky

Ok, below is a link to pics & some description. please note one error: anytime i wrte "DXM" it's really "DMX".

I don't know diddly about code or programing, i can build a PC, install windows os's, fix windows os's, run programs, but not write them.. I'm hoping you or someone here can point me toward a program i can use to run this LCD.

Thanks, & let me know if you have problems with the link.

--Lucky

http://cid-bff952b9e3bde7b6.skydriv...DE7B6!474&Bpub=SDX.Photos&Bsrc=GetSharingLink

Attachments

CF Tech

Administrator
The LCD is likely a standard 192x64 graphic module.

If you had information on the controller board with the keys, in theory you could write software to talk to it.

Is this device popular? Maybe there is a group that has reverse engineered the display?

Lucky

I couldn't write a program in theory or otherwise :( ...

the board is fron a DMX "computer" that plays background music & commercials for business. they are a big company, but i'm hoping the board isn't propriatary...

Lucky

i've been told it has an Atmel microcontroller, does that help? is it normal that the backight is always on when the computer is on, even though it's blank? could it be fried?