CC2_SERVICE STOPS w/ XP SP2 UPDATES

dwkdiver

The new version of CC2 has been working great .... THANKS!!!

I installed IE7 and some XP SP2 hotfixes, updates, etc from WINDOWS UPDATE and now cc2_service starts but stops after a few seconds. I have reinstalled CC2 and latest USB drivers.

Any ideas?:confused:

Thanks
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

kenoverby

So Far So Fixed. -fan controller problem with newest version of CC2.

Im using the 20090331 version. (newest version as of 20090501 -today)
I have disabled any automatic control along with monitoring of fans and the display has not stoped working for several hours and will let you know of a 24 hour fix. I read something in a similar version post and the admin was saying that it was the fan controler portion of the initiation code. (Not yet fixed from what the admin said in a replie) -possibly part of the USB and COM drivers but I don't have a clue. I do feel lucky though and I know I put my trust in CrystalFontz. How cool are there displays! :cool:
By the way, you will need to restart the system after configuring the display. I shutdown my display so it completly turns off. :D

Last edited:

kenoverby

Ohh well. This mornings news report.

Im using the 20090331 version. (newest version as of 20090501 -today)
I have disabled any automatic control along with monitoring of fans and the display has not stoped working for several hours and will let you know of a 24 hour fix. I read something in a similar version post and the admin was saying that it was the fan controler portion of the initiation code. (Not yet fixed from what the admin said in a replie) -possibly part of the USB and COM drivers but I don't have a clue. I do feel lucky though and I know I put my trust in CrystalFontz. How cool are there displays! :cool:
By the way, you will need to restart after configuring, I shut down to completly power off. :D
Ohh boy, it stoped working after 10 or so hours. Sorry. I didn't make this product so I didn't ever know exactly. Cool displays though, what do you think. :eek:

CF Tech

Administrator
When it dies, can you kill CC2, then use 635_WinTest to see if the display is still functional? Just see if you can change the backlight or turn the fans on and off.

kenoverby

Ok -found your replie hehe.

When it dies, can you kill CC2, then use 635_WinTest to see if the display is still functional? Just see if you can change the backlight or turn the fans on and off.
Ok not a problem. I like using the display to read temps and system resources so I don't use it currently for major monitoring of network or anything like that. I will keep having fun with it and test it. I disconnect it and end up reusing it if I come up with a idea hehe. :cool:

kenoverby

I return with a good result while having a disabled scab.

Ok not a problem. I like using the display to read temps and system resources so I don't use it currently for major monitoring of network or anything like that. I will keep having fun with it and test it. I disconnect it and end up reusing it if I come up with a idea hehe. :cool:
My 635 display has been working for 21 hours now "I kept it displaying system up time". The setting I used was to disable the scab and only use it to power the display. I will try and enable the scab and use the system up time display to catch it if it freezes. I will test the display with the WinTest. That would be weird if the scab is causing it hehe. :cool: And just to note that befor with the scab enabled and fan control turned off it froze within 10 hours.

kenoverby

Back with the results and it freezes with scab enabled only.

There could be a power supply issue if having the fans on is causing the problem.
Ok well back to what you wanted me to do while it freezes witch it did while SCAB was enabled "witch is you wanted me to use wintest to test the desplay while frozen". Status of wintest shows "Looking for module..."
And this happens when SCAB is enabled with or without fans and tempreture sensors connected. I have had a 12 hour of no freezes with the scab disabled. Maybe I am a lucky guy hehe. Thanks for any ideas, I use my display sparingly and am willing to test it. I sure like the idea of a low resource display of system resources hehe. thanks again. :rolleyes:

kenoverby

Question.

There could be a power supply issue if having the fans on is causing the problem.
If the fans are running normaly from the motherboard and the 12volt then would there be a problem showing atall of the displays scab controller? I have had the scab disabled again for 20 hours with no freezing. Should I rma my scab? :cool:

:edited 4 hours later: Any ideas administrators? My display has been working for 24 hours with scab disabled. I would like the temp sensors to be monitored if maybe I need to RMA the scab.

:edited after 7 hours later: Umm after 35 hours total I just got a freeze just displaying resources with scab disabled in vista 32bit. Should I RMA? Wintest doesn't show any module while it looks for it. This is the longest I have gotten it to work, the result came when I disabled scab.

Last edited:

kenoverby

Ummmmm soo, is a administrator going to close this forum?

Are the problems getting solved somewhere else or is this forum subject dead? Im thinking there is somthing wrong with my display. Hope it's not too much of a problem to find out how many people don't use there displays in vista with the display freezing. :cool:
Hope you end users are reporting your errors.

dwkdiver

Me too

I was fine for a while, but not I also am having an error message pop up about cc2service and wanting to know if I want to send info to Microsoft...>!!>>!>>!

I also have a scab with two fans and 4 temp sensors.

Running latest CC2.....

??????????????????

Crystalmancer

How are you guys connecting the displays to the motherboard? Are you using the motherboard headers? If so, I have experienced lock-ups and shutd-downs of CC2 when using the motherboard headers on TWO different motherboards (???).

I was instructed to try an external USB port and the problem went away. I had to buy 2 PCI cards with 4 USB ports each, since I'm testing quite a few units.

If you have any open external USB ports, try using it and see if that solves the problem.

Good luck.

dwkdiver

Random Hangs

CC Admin, the hangs are random these days. It hangs about half the time before the computer even gets to display much or it starts the service but it instantly stops. Using the NT service on Win XP SP2.

Sometimes it runs for a couple hours, other times it doesnt even start. You have to disconnect the power cable from it or reboot the computer for it to work again.

My setup:

external usb cable (no internal header)
Scab (enabled/disabled) no difference

I started using several other LCD software modules and they dont hang.....I am mistified!!!

Luck

CF Support2

Administrator
With XP SP3, we have not heard of this issue, nor experienced it in-house.

Is there a reason why you need to stay with SP2?

CF Mark

Administrator
I started using several other LCD software modules and they dont hang.....I am mistified!!!
CC2 tries to update the displays at 20fps which is far quicker rates that most other LCD software does.
The older 632/634 and HD44780 displays work perfectly, and look great at this speed.
The packet system used for the 631/633/635 displays can have issues at this rate though.

There is an option in the 631/633/635 configuration INIs that allows for this rate to be slowed down.
Edit the INI file for the type of display you are using (ie, "lcd_635.ini"), and add the setting "update_speed=10" in the [moduleXX] (if you have more than one module section, add it to all) section.
This will set the update rate to 10fps. Set it as fast or as slow as you like.

It *may* help with the stalling issue.