hmonitor problem - help

briantonkinson

I have had HMonitor running happily with CC2 for some time but just recently it has stopped working. Where the temperature used to appear on my LCD it now shows [E01].

I have checked that I have HMonitor running and it is the fully registered version. I haven't recently changed anything in the CC2 config.

Looking at the application event viewer I see the following error is occurring on startup:

load_dlls: plugin "cc2_hmonitor.dll" is not a valid DLL file (LoadLibrary failed)

A currupt DLL I thought? So I replaced the DLL with another copy but to no avail. I have also tried reinstalling CC2 but again - nothing.

Any pointers or suggestions would be most appreciated. If you need any further info let me know and I will find out.

Cheers,

Brian
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Mark

Administrator
It seems that the hmonitor plugin (programmed by a forum member, not me) has not been updated to use the newer CrystalControl2 API.
This is why its failing to load.

Unfortunately, nothing can be done about this other than to ask the original programmer (forum name Moses) to update the plugin.
I dont think he frequents the forum much anymore, so i think the chances of him updating the plugin are slim :(

His original forum post is here:
https://forum.crystalfontz.com/showthread.php?t=3950

briantonkinson

Strange - the problem seemed to start suddenly not after I upgraded CC2 or anything. Can I not just use an older version of CC2?

Thanks again for your help.

Brian

CF Mark

Administrator
My apologies, seems you can disregard my previous reply completely.
The plugin is using the latest APIs so it is not the problem.

So im back to thinking its an issue with the hmonitor plugin not being able to load a DLL it needs.
The only way i can think of checking for this is to use this handy little application:
http://www.dependencywalker.com/

Load the cc2_hmonitor.dll into it, and it should tell you what DLLs its trying to load and whats failing.

briantonkinson

It works!

That worked a treat! Somehow msjava.dll and msvcr71.dll had gone missing. I obtained them off the net and dumped them in System32 (didn't even register them) and it's working again.

I'll keep that dependency walker - damn handy tool!

Thanks for your help I really appreciate it.

Brian

CF Mark

Administrator
Good to hear that worked, it is a very handy piece of software.

I wonder if you uninstalled some software that took the DLLs with it.
Happens quite often i think.