Thread: CC2-3/4/08 - still does not resume properly

CC2-3/4/08 - still does not resume properly

Service does not resume properly from a hibernation or standby event in XP SP2 (all hotfixes). Service must be manually restarted. Also, retried on a fresh XP install with same result. Service must be manually restarted from the tray.

Has there been any progress on the resume from standby/hibernate in XP on the latest CC2 build?

Im afraid not...
    I cant find the reason for your problem.
    Windows just isnt telling CC2 to "wake up"... its either a windows problem or some other software on your PC is not passing on the signal.
    CFA835, cfTest, CrystalControl2 Author

thanks for the reply... not quite sure what it could be. I've tried a clean install as well and all other services restart properly, except CC2. Does anyone know if there is some type of workaround that could basically send a start to the service other than manually going to the tray and selecting it?

i've moved my 631 to a new pc with a fresh vista install now (SP1 no other apps) and it has the same resume problem I and others saw in XP. On resume from standby or hibernate, it needs to be manually started.

(Not related and i've never really looked before, but CC2 uses a fair amount of CPU power, about a constant 5% on a 2.2G dual core opteron runing only screens for uptime, drive space (single drive), network, scab temp and date.)

Quote Originally Posted by phuklok1 View Post
    Not related and i've never really looked before, but CC2 uses a fair amount of CPU power, about a constant 5% on a 2.2G dual core opteron runing only screens for uptime, drive space (single drive), network, scab temp and date.
    I am running a Quad-Core 2.83GHz Core 2, so far it's only running a screen with the current processor load and histogram for each core, as well as pushing the load result to the LEDs on my 635 and CC2 is using 0% of the CPU load.

Once I get a few more screens added i'll check again.
    Owner / Chief Developer - Heffernan Software Solutions Albury