Graphic LCD with USB controller

scostic

I want to know if you have in your products a Graphic LCD 128X64 with a USB controller and support for linux.

I need it as a display for an one wire anemometer - AAG.

thanks
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

reider

Thank you for your message. We do not have a USB graphic module right now.
I`ve often wondered about this. Is it likely to be a possibility sometime in the future or are there technical issues which would make it more unlikely to happen? Certainly would be a good one to see, but then so would the lottery jackpot ;)

Reider

CF Tech

Administrator
Well, we will probably do something along those lines some time.

But I'm not going to mention or promise anything until it is ready to ship. Not a big fan of vaporware :cool:

Henri

How many would you need ? If you only need one or so, I should have couple 128x64 LCD's with USB interface left that I made some years ago. Actually they use a Crystalfontz LCD too.

http://www.skippari.net/lcd/usbdisplay/usb_cfag_back.png

As it uses the FTDI USB chip it should work in linux and I remember there was some kind interface specification document too.

If you think this is something you might find useful, let me know.

Then there is the USB13700 controller board for graphic displays but it is generally for larger displays.

reider

Nice thought Henri, thanks. I`m thinking more of something along the lines of Crystalfontz hardware/software like we have with the present non graphic USB modules. Just like garlic bread, "its the future" ;)

Reider

Henri

Nice thought Henri, thanks. I`m thinking more of something along the lines of Crystalfontz hardware/software like we have with the present non graphic USB modules.
Reider
True, that kind solution would probably be a better fit for your needs. I was thinking more about the original poster as it sounded like there was a custom software for it planned.

Well, maybe some day I'll show you guys some other things that might fit this task but are currently only prototypes ;)