Looking for rFactor Plug-in

brad mills

Oh, i forgot to add... it also now does metric->imperial conversions.
It defaults to metric.

To change it to imperial, do the following...
Create a file called "cc2_rfactor.ini" in the same location as the other CC2 INI files.
In the "cc2_rfactor.ini" file, enter:
Code:
[general]
metric=0

Holy crap! You are THE MAN. Many thanks. I'll be testing it out in the next few days and post any pertinent feedback. I'm sure this will make a lot of plugins users quite happy and influence others to get lcd's.

:D

EDIT: I just noticed the thread for this plugin over at racesimcentral.com forums is gone, probably due to the forum crash/restore. It would be great if someone might start a new one to make sure the community is aware of the plugins existence
________
Motorcycle Tires
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Last edited:

reider

I don`t have RFactor installed but noticed this message about the add ons yesterday. I must agree its very impressive. Not seen in many forums these days.

Reider

CF Mark

Administrator
EDIT: I just noticed the thread for this plugin over at racesimcentral.com forums is gone, probably due to the forum crash/restore. It would be great if someone might start a new one to make sure the community is aware of the plugins existence
I did have a look for the old thread over there, but with the 180sec search interval limit, i quickly gave up :(
Ill start a new thread.

RacerAlex

The new plug-in is fantastic! Thanks alot for getting that to us. :)

One question about future features - will we one day be able to assign a key to cycle through various screens we make?

brad mills

Very happy with the updated plugin. Only a few noticable things that would be nice to have:

Tenth decimal on tire PSI
Tenth decimal on fuel remaining
Projected laps on remaining fuel

Thanks again
________
Sick From Wellbutrin

Last edited:

brad mills

The new plug-in is fantastic! Thanks alot for getting that to us. :)

One question about future features - will we one day be able to assign a key to cycle through various screens we make?
You can already do this with what we have. I just set it up myself, but for some reason if I go back and edit a screen after I set up the keyboard shortcut to switch screens, the entries in cc2_keyboard.ini and cc2_service.ini for the keyboard event are gone.

Try these steps:

1. Copy \CrystalControl2\extras\keyboard-dll\key_export.dll and put in your windows\system32 folder
2. Create a new file \CrystalControl2\cc2_keyboard.ini if it doesnt exist
3. Use \CrystalControl2\extras\key-tester\keytest.exe to get the hex code for the keyboard key(s) you want to use
4. Edit cc2_keyboard.ini to have the following. I'm using F12 to flip through screens which is mapped to a button on the racing wheel with the Logitech Profiler

[options]

[input00]
id=2110068363
repeat=250
key0=0x0058
key1=0

5. Add the following after the module identification section in cc2_service.ini (mine is the second LCD, so its m01

[m01-event00]
if_type=1
if=2110068363
cond=0
to=1
do_type=9
do=1

My module identification section looks like this:

[m01]
id=1873284259
module_name="Crystalfontz 634"
options=0
screen_sel=0
alt_enabled=0
brightness=96
contrast=63
dkc_disable=0
transition_random=0
transition_length=500

6. Start up or restart CC2 service and CC2 configure

If you have any trouble, restart to ensure key_export.dll is loading and check your Event Viewer

I'll post some screenshots and ini's of the 5 screens on two LCD's I created so far shortly

I dont think I missed anything, but these threads are what helped me:

https://forum.crystalfontz.com/showthread.php?t=3784
https://forum.crystalfontz.com/showthread.php?t=3599
________
Ship Sale

Last edited:

brad mills

Woohoo thanks for the quick update.

I attached an image of 5 screens I'm using and the ini file.

On a side note, the plugin doesnt seem to be very stable in offline races. I never race offline, but could consistently make rfactor crash with the plugin dll as the cause in the drwatson message, by alt-tabbing during a race, then quitting the race. Havent had any problems at all online while alt-tabbing, but also dont ever do it while in the car.

________
Volcano classic vaporizer review

Attachments

Last edited:

CF Mark

Administrator
Nice work, those screens look great.
Might end up using them myself next time i fire up rFactor.
Gotta get me a G25 wheel first though...

On a side note, the plugin doesnt seem to be very stable in offline races. I never race offline, but could consistently make rfactor crash with the plugin dll as the cause in the drwatson message, by alt-tabbing during a race, then quitting the race. Havent had any problems at all online while alt-tabbing, but also dont ever do it while in the car.
Interesting... the crash doesnt happen when the plugin isnt installed?
I test setting up screens by setting the rFactor res to 800x600 and windowed (not full-screen).
Then its possible to leave the screen-editor window open next to the rFactor game window while racing, and just move the mouse out and click on the screen editor when you need to change something.
I did this a lot during devel & testing of the plugins as well and never had any problems.

RacerAlex

@Brad

Thanks for the directions to assign the cycle feature to a key! :)

BTW all - I've not experienced any issues on or off-line. The plug-in is very stable so far. But to be accurate, I'm still only using the same parameters I displayed eaarlier in my screenshots. Just FYI: gear, speed, lap, fuel, oil, and water temps.

crobol

Please CC2 Admin.
Did you have links to videos of an display working with rFactor? maybe in Youtube.........
Your personal site don't have any more files like this.
I see you have posted 2 pictures in this thread.

I have a post in my Spanish SimR community and I want add the lasts news about this pluggin and try to explain to my colleges what's necessary to start.

http://www.xtremeracers.net/nuke/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2537

Thank you

Last edited:

crobol

Thank U Brad.

Finally I find a video from the old personal site of CC2Admin and I upload myself to Utube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BgUWMcHVR0

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0BgUWMcHVR0&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0BgUWMcHVR0&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

CF Mark

Administrator
Great, thanks for putting that up on youtube :)
I accidentally removed those movies a while ago and didnt keep a copy... glad someone did.

Heffo

By the looks of those videos, he doesn't use CC2 for the data.

The whole unit looks to be a custom built job, and quite a good one at that. It's a shame it's modeled after the wheel in an F1 car, give me the V8 supercars any day!

The LCD looks to be an OLED display, it's much too bright and clear on the video which rules out being a 63x unit.

CF Mark

Administrator
Its not OLED, they are just plain old segmented LED displays.
There are quite a few people making them up for rFactor & LFS it seems.

Heffo

I wasn't referring to the 7-Seg LED unit. I meant the 20x4 Yellow on Black LCD display below the 7-Seg gear indicator on the F1 wheel.