Cfa 635, not displaying dual core usage

bansheeman

Hi,

I'm running Vista and a cfa635 everything was fine until the other day it stopped displaying dual core usage.
I've reinstalled the software and the drivers to no avail, any ideas? please help!!:D

Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6000+
OCZ TI Alpha Series 4Gb
NVidia Geforce 8800 GTX
W/D Raptor 150GB x2
Windows Vista Ultimate X86:confused:
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

jc634

Administrator
This data is pulled from Windows Performance Monitor data. I've had it go South on me occasionally, where it no longer documents that info in it's database. I have no idea why it happens, but it is Windows, not CC2 problem. If the data is not there, CC2 cannot display it.

Are you an overclocker? I know that with earlier versions of BIOS's on my MB, a failed OC would "kill" one of my CPU's. I would have to default my BIOS CPU settings to get it back. Of course, this would also have a habit of screwing up the Perf Mon data.:mad:

If you edit the screen, you can edit the CPU field, which should take you to the Perf Mon listings screen. Find the processor tree and see if the appropriate field is there. If it is, simply RE-choose it and see if that fixes the problem.

bansheeman

Thank you for you reply :)

I tried to edit jc's dual core screen and the processor tree doesn't seem to be there, and also the
id numbers are not in the cc2_perfmon.ini file, weird.

vista sidebar gadget is showing CPU usage and windows task manager, can i plug in to that?
thinking back on when it happened it was a few days and restarts after i edited the lcd_635.ini file to control the LEDs on the 635 front panel worked fine as i say for a few days:confused:

It just seems to not see it.

P.S
Reinstalled CPU optimizer
uninstalled AI Booster

:confused: No good:(

Attached file is my log files as help i hope

Attachments

Last edited:

jc634

Administrator
Quite weird. Like I said before, the Perf Mon does some strange things somtime.:(

Have you ever used Speedfan? IIRC, you can pull the CPU usuage from that, but I am not positive. Or from Everest.

Anything else, I will have to defer to CCadmin.

CF Mark

Administrator
The NT Performance Counters (perfmon) do seem to be a little unreliable.
As you have found, counters do just disappear at times and never come back.
Unfortunately, there is no fix i know of for this problem.

So far the only fix is to reinstall Windows :(