emulating keyboard presses

Gunnar

Hi.

I have planned to use the 631 to show status and provide input to a multimedia application that can react to keyboard input.

Is there a way to make the 4 buttons on the 631 work as if they were the "u","d","q" and "a" keys?

The display of the system will be in another room, and I can't connect a real keyboard, for different reasons.
I just want to use the 631 to display information like "Playing Ad-003", "Waiting for user input", "Aborting" and so on.

Any help is appreciated.

Best regards,

Gunnar Norum
Oslo, Norway
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

You would have to write a custom program for the computer running the multimedia application (what OS? Windows?). This program would communicate with the 631, and when keypresses are received, it would send key messages to the m/m app.

Gunnar

Thanks for your reply.

The system is running on Windows XP.
I have a programmer here for a couple of days, that might be able to help me, If I could point him in the right direction. He is working with VB, Java and C.
He says that he can get the keypresses over to the Scala multimedia application, but needs input on API of the 631.

Any info appreciated.