631: Display "washes out" after 10 sec (solved)

Belgarius

I have noticed that after roughly ten seconds, my 631 display washes out, for lack of a better way to describe it. I can still see the information, however, the screen is almost solid white, and the information can barely be seen by looking at it from an extreme angle. Restarting the service repairs this for another few seconds, and then it washes back out again. I am using a single screen, no rotation enabled, and have had this occur no matter what screen I select. Also, during these washouts, the display does not respond to changes to either brightness or contrast, if that has any bearing.

Running XP Pro, SP2, latest CC2 and associated USB drivers, and the unit is connected to a SCAB with both fans and temp sensors. Fan speed is enabled to manual, sensors have not been added.

Thanks for any ideas in advance!

Belgarius

Please disregard, this was an ID 10 T error... rebooted the system, and apparently that has fixed it, had a pending registry compact due on reboot...:(
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Last edited:

weip98

I'm having this same problem but not able to fix it.

I just upgraded to CC2, running XP Home with SP3.
I do not use a SCAB, just the display.
Running latest version of CC2 with latest drivers. FTDI ver 2.0.0

Screen starts ok, displays my first screen for about 5 sec, then
washes out with whiteness. I can still see it trying to display something
if I look at it at extreme angles, but looking at it straight on, all I see is
white. Can't seem to fix it.

CF Mark

Administrator
Sounds like an issue with the LCDs contrast.
What happens when you left-click on the blue CC2 icon in the start bar and adjust the contrast slider?