cfa-633usb lcd

snapper

windows vista will not run the usb driver on crystalfonz web site...... need some help in getting a working driver for cfa-633usb lcd.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Last edited:

jc634

Administrator
BTW, what version of CrystalControl are you using? If you are using the latest CC2 and a CFA-633, you will need to change the default baud rate for the 633 from 115200 to 19200. In my case, I had to restart the computer to get CC2 and my CFA-633 talking to each other.

I highly recommend the drivers that CF Tech mentioned in the previous post. If you are using Vista 64-bit, you will have to wait a short time for the 64-bit drivers. I have sent the drivers to CF to put them on their server, so that I can add them to the aforementioned post.

I just got a 64-bit version of Vista running and updated the default FTDI drivers for CF displays in a 64-bit system. They work. As soon as I get word that they are on the server...

Hopefully, in the next day or so.

Jim

snapper

You can give these a try:
https://forum.crystalfontz.com/showthread.php?t=5104

JC634 is working on some other "unofficial" ones for Vista.

We will get some "official" ones up at some point, it is a very slow process.
:) installed ftdi 2.00 files and display is working fine on vista os.
? If I am using the wrdowy17 (ds18b20) temp sensor will the cf-633 usb be able to recognize device or do I need to run a mbm program....

Last edited:

snapper

BTW, what version of CrystalControl are you using? If you are using the latest CC2 and a CFA-633, you will need to change the default baud rate for the 633 from 115200 to 19200. In my case, I had to restart the computer to get CC2 and my CFA-633 talking to each other.

I highly recommend the drivers that CF Tech mentioned in the previous post. If you are using Vista 64-bit, you will have to wait a short time for the 64-bit drivers. I have sent the drivers to CF to put them on their server, so that I can add them to the aforementioned post.

I just got a 64-bit version of Vista running and updated the default FTDI drivers for CF displays in a 64-bit system. They work. As soon as I get word that they are on the server...

Hopefully, in the next day or so.

Jim
;) display is up and running ...thanks

jc634

Administrator
:) installed ftdi 2.00 files and display is working fine on vista os.
? If I am using the wrdowy17 (ds18b20) temp sensor will the cf-633 usb be able to recognize device or do I need to run a mbm program....
You may not be able to add temp sensors in Vista with the current version of CC2. When I installed Vista and CC2, I saved my ini files from my old XP install. I just copied them over and all worked just fine.

If you are starting from scratch, you may not be able to add the sensors, since CC2 can not see "behind" the scences, so to speak... Unfortuantely, I can't verify whether this works or not, so if you can't add the sensors, you will have to wait for Vista-compatible version of CC2.

I have played with a preliminary beta version, so it is in the works...

Now, if you just want to use a program such as Speedfan (MBM replacement), should be np.

JC

snapper

You may not be able to add temp sensors in Vista with the current version of CC2. When I installed Vista and CC2, I saved my ini files from my old XP install. I just copied them over and all worked just fine.

If you are starting from scratch, you may not be able to add the sensors, since CC2 can not see "behind" the scences, so to speak... Unfortuantely, I can't verify whether this works or not, so if you can't add the sensors, you will have to wait for Vista-compatible version of CC2.

I have played with a preliminary beta version, so it is in the works...

Now, if you just want to use a program such as Speedfan (MBM replacement), should be np.

JC
..thank's for your help..