Multiple USB PORTS

efia

Hi

I am having a problem with adding a few LCD 634 series to a usb hub. I can configure one screen fine but whenn I try to select another COMM port there is only the automatic option or the COMM 4 (I have used this for the previous LCD screen) option available. Is there any way to detect more ports with Crystal Control 2?

Thanks
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

efia

Hi

Thank you for your response. I've already changed the COMM port settings. The problem is when I have to connect 2 lcd screens to a usb hub. The computer only recognises that there is one port. This means that I cannot plug in multiple LCD screens which is what I need to do e.g. have a COMM 4 for the first LCD and then a COMM 5 for the second in order to differentiate the signal that is being sent in. Can you let me know is this possible? I am a bit of a n00b at this I'm afraid. :(

jc634

Administrator
I cannot positively say about 2 LCD's of the same type, but I do have a 632, 633, 634 and 635 hooked up to a 4-port hub. Works fine.

In Device Manager, do the display(s) show up as 1 or 2 LCD's. If just 1, try "Scan for hardware changes" to see if a 2nd one shows up.

If both show up, do they show the same port/different ports/no port? Need more info to help you further. Perhaps a screen shot of the Device Manager screen?

JC

CF Tech

Administrator
I am going to ask my tech to look at this issue -- to see if we can duplicate it on our end.

efia

Thank you so much for your help so far but I have not yet come to a solution on this one I have even plugged two of the usb connectors onto separate ports on my laptop instead but I still have the same problems. I will post a screenshot soon. I thought it might be a power issue but I am using a usb 2.0 hub with a power supply so I cant see how this would be the case

efia

Hi

I have been researching this problem and was looking at the possibility of adding virtual ports. I used the
fabula tech port splitter but unfortunately that only led to me getting two screens on the one LCD panel. I have provided a screen shot of the previous problem and there is a conflict issue with using the ports i.e. crystal control just uses one port and ignores the one that was installed last. As you can see the problem is at the COMM(26) part. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated

Thank you:)

Attachments

CF Mark

Administrator
I have run 6 LCDs before with no problem with CrystalControl2.

The issue above is the only report i have heard of problem with multiple LCDs.
Many other people have run more than 1 with no problem.

reider

I have run 6 LCDs before with no problem with CrystalControl2.

The issue above is the only report i have heard of problem with multiple LCDs.
Many other people have run more than 1 with no problem.
I`m, currently running a 634 on an unpowered hub with three other pieces of hardware on inc external drives, DVD and hard drive. The 635 is on its own USB port on the same machine and I have had my 631 on it too, this is on another machine now.

Reider

aerialcams

I've managed to run 10 635s' via 2 x 7 way powered hubs.

All working fine. They just take a little while to reboot when restarted.