Using 2 line high numbers for Time output

Rahtok

Greetz all.

I'm trying to modify one of the included screens (Date-Time-Uptime.2004) to make the time display in the two char high numbers like the (CPU Usage Big Nums.2004) displays the CPU percentage. I've got it so that it displays something big, but it seems to be limited to only 3 chars, and doesn't recognize a colon (it displays a ? instead of that). I've tried using the big-# thing with a number of different strings (like the day of the week) and they display letters correctly, but it always seems capped at 3 chars. I'm kinda stumped -- any input would be valued! I've included the code here for reference...

[pre]
rows=4
cols=20

[from00]
from="cc2_timedate.ini"
sec="time#"
opt01="id=@01"
opt02="format=%a %d %b %Y"

[from01]
from="cc2_timedate.ini"
sec="time#"
opt01="id=@02"
opt02="format=%I:%M:%S %p"

[from02]
from="cc2_bigchars.ini"
sec="big-#"
opt01="id_item=@02"
opt02="id1=@03"
opt03="id0=@04"

[screen]
screen_name="Brian Date/Time & Uptime"
options=0
alt_delay=5000

[r00]
options=10

[r00-i00]
id=@01

[r01]
options=10

[r01-i00]
id=@03

[r02]
options=10

[r02-i00]
id=@04

[r03]
options=10

[r03-i00]
string="Uptime: "

[r03-i01]
id=3451264379
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Mark

Administrator
You are correct, it is limited to 3 numbers in length.
Not much can be done about that im affraid... its a limit of the LCD hardware (8 custom characters).

reider

and heres the 24 hour..... might have to fool with them a tad as they were written by me many many moons ago before all the changes. Should be possible and give you a good start with the correct modules.

EDIT: Just reinstalled latest CC2, tried both of these in 634 and 635 `as is` and perfectly ok. They look quite effective too. If memory serves they only work on a 4 line display, not a 2 line one.

Reider

Attachments

Last edited:

Rahtok

You're right, they still work fine, and I'm playing with them as well. However, I was hoping to get a date on it as well. These are based on ascii right? That's why you can use them cuz it doesn't rely on custom chars?

Thanks for the reply, btw!

phuklok1

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but it seems appropriate. I have a CFA-631 and would love to display the time with big numbers in an HTPC setup. I've spent a great deal of time messing with the problem and the best I can manage to get is 2 sets of large minutes or two sets large of hours displayed... LOL. Is there an easy way to do this on the 631? I would think the same limitation you mentioned above is stopping this from working, except there is an old video up on youtube showing someone's setup with large time clearly working on an identical device as mine - so I guess at least on the 631, this does not appear to be a limitation. Thanks in advance for any help!

Last edited: