More infos on the process plugin

dhs

I'd like to have more.

Let's assume the following.

I wish to show a bargraph showing the percentage of the VirtualDubMod Job Control (how much work has been done).

With TSearch, i found that there are 2 mem locations where the value is stored:

1DB0C8E
1DB0C92

(both infos are 1 byte long)

Now, practically, how do i insert the readings into my screens?

Thanks.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Mark

Administrator
Nice work on finding the information.
Its not easy finding info with TSearch at times.

To use the info in a screen, the screen file would look like the following:

Code:
[pre]
rows=4
cols=20

[from00]
from="cc2_process.ini"
sec="proc#"
opt01="id=@01"
opt02="id_min=@02"
opt03="id_max=@03"
opt04="proc_name=vdubmod.exe"
opt05="read_loc=0x1DB0C8E"
opt06="var_precision=0"
opt07="var_type=0"

[screen]
screen_name="VDubMod Progress"
options=0
alt_delay=5000

[r00]
options=10

[r00-i00]
options=0
string="VDubMod Progress"

[r01]
options=10

[r01-i00]
options=0
id=@01

[r01-i01]
string="%"
You didnt give the process name, so "vdubmod.exe" was a guess.
Youll probably need to change that to whatever the correct name is.

dhs

CrystalControl Admin said:
Nice work on finding the information.
Its not easy finding info with TSearch at times.

Yup, it's really a mess, expecially for ppl with about 15 years no coding gap like me :) I'm now trying to figure out how to find correcly floating point infos, "times" and so on (i want to make a screen to monitor shemes' GrabIt NNTP program).

Anyway:

[from00]
from="cc2_process.ini"
sec="proc#"
opt01="id=@01"
opt02="id_min=@02"
opt03="id_max=@03"
opt04="proc_name=vdubmod.exe"
opt05="read_loc=0x1DB0C8E"
opt06="var_precision=0"
opt07="var_type=0"
What i don't understand are the "id_min" and "id_max" options. What are those used for? For some dynamic buffering?

bye.

CF Mark

Administrator
dhs said:
What i don't understand are the "id_min" and "id_max" options. What are those used for? For some dynamic buffering?
They just hold minimum and maximum values seen by the plugin since it/cc2 was started.

dhs

Ok, this is driving me mad.
As i said, i want to make a screen to monitor GrabIt state (http://www.shemes.com/).

All the infos i need are in the "batch" screen, contained in the box i attach here.

I easily found the "Items downloaded" and "Items remaining" with TSearch. Easily, because those are maybe the only integer ones.

I spent some hours with TSearch looking for the "Bites downloaded", "Bytes remaining", "time elapsed" and "time remaining", without any success.

I think the "bytes" are stored in some particular way (maybe caused to the period used in the number formatting). Same goes for the "time" values. Sometime it shows minutes, others hours and minutes (or even days), comforming to the job that's being done.

Anyone can give me any hint in what should i look for with TSearch? all my tries, with all the formats used in the search leaded nowhere.

Any help?

Attachments