two plugins that would be real useful

ehall

Network throughput as bps would be really good and save a lot of other calculations (does not alleviate the need for a maths plugin but would save a lot of cycles). In particular if you are wanting to monitor multiple adapters it is a big help, in much the same way as the system plugin's shorthand for memory utilization is very useful.

Next, lcd4linux has a split-bar display mode that is extremely useful. Basically you have a regular horizontal bar, but it is two mini-bars stacked one on the other, with two two different inputs mapped to each mini-bar. So for example, instead of one bar that shows summary network throughput, you have a split bar that shows sent bps on top and rcvd bps on the bottom. Also works good with disk I/O, with reads in one and writes in the other. This gives 2x the info in the same amount of space.

Here is a sample from their XWindows driver, which shows CPU busy for CPU0 and CPU1 separately, and bytes sent/rcvd separately.

Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Last edited:

ehall

A set of proxy plugins that allowed other LCD package plugins to be used with CC2 would also be neat. I am thinking about something that just provided some kind of wrapper function(s) to plugins for LCD Smartie, LCDC, etc.

CF Mark

Administrator
The calc plugin will be up soon.

The split horiz bargraph would be a nice feature.
Ill add it to the to-do list.

I dont know if you have read it elsewhere in these forums, but the screen-editor is top priority.
New plugins/features will come later.

ehall

A variation on the split-bar would be a two-tone histogram that can stack two inputs. Like, % system processor time would be mapped to solid pattern (black) while % user processor time would be mapped to a stipple pattern (grey), with both of them stacked.

This would be very useful for looking at things like processor time, network utilization, etc.

CF Mark

Administrator
ehall said:
A variation on the split-bar would be a two-tone histogram that can stack two inputs. Like, % system processor time would be mapped to solid pattern (black) while % user processor time would be mapped to a stipple pattern (grey), with both of them stacked.
Couldnt be done :(
It would need more than 8 custom chars.