LPT Pin 14 issue?

pgs1333

I am running a CFAG132232 and cannot get LCD Pin 6 side to work. I get the rectangular shadow box that covers the entire viewing area and i only get output on the LCD Pin 7 side.

I have gone over the circuit, and aside from a 'pot' issue, the circuit is correct. When i run the CFAH_WinTest debugger, on 40x4, the LPT Pin 14 (mapped to LCD Pin 6) does not toggle when switched High to Low and vice versa.

Would (could) this be a software issue or could it be something in the BIOS that has to be altered?

I am running a WinXP service pack 2. I also have the DriverLinx Port I/O installed.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

pgs1333

just an update; running WinXp Pro, the default parallel port setting is ECP and must be changed to EPP in order to correct the error i was getting. Works fine now :), figured this out thurs nite.

pgs1333

that would be correct, all my WinXp Pro machines were defaulted to ECP. curiously though, my laptop doesnt have the ECP setting available, i need to look into this.