CFA-633 Displaying Special Characters

mt1124cr

Hi,

I see in the data sheet for CFA-633 how to store special characters (command 9) to CGRAM. I could not find any reference on how to display the special characters for instance in a "send data to LCD" command. I am also presuming that to get the characters in the CGROM map, one would use the reference given in the character map ie b00010011 for the number 1.

Thanks
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
The CGRAM characters appear in location 0 to 7 (and are aliased at locations 8 to 15) of the character map. So just send out 0 to show the first custom character, 1 to display the second . . .

Attachments

bryancan

C example of special character

I see the documentation on where cgram is and what type etc, but I'm still too dense I guess to make it happen in my C app...

Anyone have a short snip that shows me how to define a cgram character and how to send it to the lcd (633)

Last edited:
USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad

smarx87

Here's what I'm doing in a nutshell, and it isn't working. The last part, where it sends the character, is producing a glyph on the LCD, but the first part, where I'm trying to change the CGRAM, isn't working. This code is leveraging the cf_linux_examples.tgz that is being distributed with the CFA-634.

unsigned char CGRAM128_STRING[10] = { 25, 128, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x3F };
char str[20];
Serial_Init("/dev/ttyUSB0",baud);
//First turn off "scroll" and "wrap"
SendByte(20);
SendByte(24);

SendData(CGRAM128_STRING, 10);
sprintf(str,"%c", 128);
SendString(str);

The link provided for the utilities is leading to tools to make 5x7 rather than 6x8 glyphs, by the way.