Drop WinAmp Screen if WinAmp not running

Bluescreen

Hi,

is it possible to skip the Winamp screen when Winamp isn't running or is in Stop mode?

Or maybe it's possible to display _only_ the Winamp screen if it is running.

Thanx
Bluescreen
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

daks001

Bluescreen said:
Hi,

is it possible to skip the Winamp screen when Winamp isn't running or is in Stop mode?

Or maybe it's possible to display _only_ the Winamp screen if it is running.

Thanx
Bluescreen
In your service.ini file, in the winamp screen underneath alt_delay=

put this little blurb;
Code:
[m01-s04-event00]
if_type=1
if=1001136639
cond=0
to=0
do_type=9
do=1
You'll also have to chnage the M01 and S04 to match the M# and S# of that winamp screen.

You may have to put this back in after you've added or removed screens. But this should cause you to skip the Winamp screen if it is not running.

Bluescreen

Ok, that helps. Thank you. Now I would like to show only the Winamp Screen if WinAmp is running.

Is there any description for that cryptic scripting language, somewhere?

BTW.

After starting WinAmp the display shows title but no Spectrum Analyser, only NA at it's place. I have to "start" the plugin in Winamp to activate the Analyzer, but since it shows title I think it is already running.

The little onscreen Analyzer from WinAmp is disabled if the CC2 plugin is running. Is there a possibility to have them both?

CybKnight

The winamp plugin is not required to see title, time etc. on LCD, only bars.
But you have to activate visualization plugin in winamp each time you restart the program, or alternativly, set it to "Auto execute vis..." under Preferences->Plug-ins ...

daks001

Originally posted by Bluescreen
Ok, that helps. Thank you. Now I would like to show only the Winamp Screen if WinAmp is running.
[m00-event00]
if_type=1
if=1001136639
cond=0
to=1
do_type=1
do= Screen # to jump to...

Is there any description for that cryptic scripting language, somewhere?
Well kind of... the \program files\CrystalControl2\plugin_info\ has a sample service.ini file with all sorts of little cryptic examples. For events we have this information; (explaining with the little event we made above);

[m00-event00] ;Module 0, first event

if_type=1
; IF TYPES
;IF_NONE 0
;IF_ID 1
;IF_SCREEN 2
;IF_BRIGHTNESS 3
;IF_CONTRAST 4

if=1001136639
;this is the static ID number from cc2_winamp2.ini

cond=0
; CONDITIONS
;COND_EQUAL 0
;COND_NOTEQUAL 1
;COND_ABOVE 2
;COND_BELOW 3

to=1
; 1 is returned from cc2_winamp2 id Winamp is running

do_type=1 ; Go to a set screen#
; DO TYPES
;DO_NONE 0
;DO_SCREENA 1
;DO_BRIGHTNESS 4
;DO_CONTRAST 5
;DO_BRIGHTNESSA 6
;DO_CONTRASTA 7
;DO_SCREEN 9
; > 1000 = ID

do= 5 ; in this case it will jump to screen #5

Hope this helps... if not let me know, I'll try to explain it better.

The little onscreen Analyzer from WinAmp is disabled if the CC2 plugin is running. Is there a possibility to have them both?
Don't know, to be honest I was always staring at the LCD and never noticed the on screen one... ;)

CF Mark

Administrator
Bluescreen said:
Yes you can.
In winamps options select the "plugin-ins" item.
Uncheck "Disable built-in vis when vis plug-in active".

Bluescreen

Some thougts about CC2's language

Thanx all, now I am happy, all works as desired.

Bit for bit I understand the "programming language" of CC2. The idea is cool and has much potential. As I mentioned before I find it a bit cryptic. With a few little changes you could get it much more readable, so maybe you want to hear my thoughts.

Instead of writing these long IDs for all sorts of thing allow names for it, maybe with a special start character to detect them.

Also allow keywords instead of numbers. The Winamp example would look like this.

if_type=ID
if=WINAMP_PLAY_STATUS
cond=EQUAL
to=1
do_type=SCREENA
do=5

I think this would be implemented very simple.

The next step would be to create a real syntax from it:

if ID.WINAMP_PLAY_STATUS = 1
SCREENA=5 // or maybe GOTO_SCREEN 5
endif

Ok, this is a big thing, you have to create a real script parser. Since I need such a parser for some other project I would like to help with it, if there are some interests in it.

bye
bluescreen

CF Mark

Administrator
This isnt going to happen.
Almost all of CC2 would need to be re-written.
The idea is that when the GUI is completed (ie, screen-editor and events editor) youll never need to edit the INIs yourself.

ForTiLLiaN

I was wondering how to get winamp to show on my CF 634 when its opened. After a search I found this thread. And although the code is in here to do just that, have winamp show on the LCD when its opened. But didn't switch back to my 4 core CPU screen when winamp was closed. Using what I read in this thread, thanks to daks001 I was able to make the screen switch back once winamp is closed. Here is the code to switch to winamp when opened and back to 1st screen when closed. Put this in the CC2_service.ini file. In Windows 7 it was located in c:\programdata\crystalcontrol2. I put in right above [m00-s00] which is the first screen.

[m00-event00]
if_type=1
if=1001136639
cond=0
to=1
do_type=1
do=1

[m00-event01]
if_type=1
if=1001136639
cond=1
to=1
do_type=1
do=0

CF Mark

Administrator
It looks to be correct.
Set file_level=0 in logprefs.ini, restart CC2 and check cc2_main.log.
See if there are any errors when CC2 loads up those events from the INI.