Test Speedfan, All Temp Screens (634)

reider

Most users should ignore this thread and attachments. It is a diagnosis and test page for temperatures within Speedfan. In most instances the attachments will be of no use to anyone other than dedicated screen editors.

Anyone wishing to use the screens as a test for temperature recognition are welcome to do so. They can be changed as you see fit, but please heed the Technical Notes first.

In theory, to make up a screen for a 634 from the temps should be possible, but some thought has to be used in sharing ID numbers between 634, 631 modules etc. Probably the reason why some static ID`s are currently reproduced between screens.

Technical Notes:
To test all 32 allowable temperatures in the cc2_speedfan.ini. Showing eight temps at a time on the 634 module. Starting with the first 8 static ID`s used by CC2, then an extra 24 new ID`s for test purposes.

Screen ID`s prefixed by 'T(n)' instead of Temp(n) for space reasons, where (n) = number. eg T01, T02, T03 - T32 only for showing on module display. Opt(n) still remarked as Temp(n) to stay within boundary of current plugin.

First 8 are the original static ID`s, left in the same order, same place to comply with existing screens used within the plugin.

PLEASE NOTE:
Though the idea was mainly theoretical, confirmation has been returned showing the idea works. It was being used to test for 3 hard drives on a module. These would not show up using the existing ID numbers. Think of the brain as having ID numbers for each job it carries out. So it has ID`s for biscuits, drinks, etc but no ID`s for certain types of sandwiches (types of HDD`s). Therefore, adding an extra 24 bona fide numbers to the original 8 revealed the ID numbers for the HDD`s. From this, a screen was made up representing all the data requested. Now we can truly picnic!!!

Steve
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Last edited:

reider

Test screen 1-8, showing all 8 current static ID`s as 2 on each of 4 lines on the 634 module. On my module it shows 4 temps with settings marked in degrees C. Then it shows four more with 0 deg C meaning these ID`s are not registering a temperature.

Any T(n) where n=number will show in the screen listing what ID number is currently used. A screen can then be made up to represent those ID numbers, theoretically!

Thus, if one or more HDD`s are used on a system and they are registered by the temps, then that set of ID numbers can be traced and used in a screen.

Steve

Attachments

Last edited:

reider

Test screen 9-16, showing 8 manually added ID`s as 2 on each of 4 lines on the 634 module. On my module it shows eight with 0 deg C meaning these ID`s are not registering a temperature.

Any T(n) where n=number will show in the screen listing what ID number is currently used. A screen can then be made up to represent those ID numbers, theoretically!

Thus, if one or more HDD`s are used on a system and they are registered by the temps, then that set of ID numbers can be traced and used in a screen.

NOTE:
Although at the time theoretical, this section actually returned the three HDD temps from the first three numbers used.

Steve

Attachments

Last edited:

reider

Test screen 17-24, showing 8 manually added ID`s as 2 on each of 4 lines on the 634 module. On my module it shows eight with 0 deg C meaning these ID`s are not registering a temperature.

Steve

Attachments

Last edited:

reider

Test screen 25-32, showing 8 manually added ID`s as 2 on each of 4 lines on the 634 module. On my module it shows eight with 0 deg C meaning these ID`s are not registering a temperature.

Steve

Attachments

Last edited:

reider

Finally, the file with all the ID numbers in from Temp01-32, in chronological order. In .txt format, print this out or use on PC Monitor as a comparison against each test screen display. To guage the correct ID number without opening the screen listing.

eg, if t18 on the module display is showing a reading then look up temp 18 in the listing and note the corresponding ID number. Edit this into a screen and away you go.

Steve

Attachments

Last edited:

deafmetal

Can't download

Reider,

Any way you could email these to me or repost? It says they are invalid zip files.

I'm trying to determine the temp ID#s for my quad core temps in Speedfan for use in CC2. They are definitely higher numbers than the static 8 provided. I have no other idea how to determine what the IDs are.

Thanks

deafmetal

Thanks Reider, that worked. Sorry for the trouble. Hopefully your work will reveal the sensor ID #'s for my four Core temps!

Cheers

deafmetal

Reider,

I finally got some time to play with those ID's. I was able to find all but one of my ASUS Maximus (via Speedfan) temps.

The one I can't find is Core 0. I'm not sure, but think you may have typo'd on temp 10. Both your temp09 and temp10 in the 1-32 ID file are as follows:

;New 09-16 ID`s (from 24 new ones)
temp09=791874085
temp10=791874085

Believe that the way things were working out that temp10 is my Core 0, but has the wrong ID #. Am gonna check your smaller files to see if it's just a typo in the 1-32 file.

Edit: It was in fact a typo in your 1-32 file, as I compared temp 10 in your 9-16 file. The correct ID for temp10 is: 2923790050

Thanks for all your help Reider!! Will post my updated Quad screen shortly.