632 Powers Itself off?

morgant6911

I have installed the drivers and used Wintest, which works fine. However, when I use Crystal Control, and set the Baud to 19200(Which works in Wintest), the display powers itself off. Whats up with this?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

reider

morgant6911 said:
I have installed the drivers and used Wintest, which works fine. However, when I use Crystal Control, and set the Baud to 19200(Which works in Wintest), the display powers itself off. Whats up with this?
I just wonder if the com port was set correctly in Wintest but not in CC1. Does the screen work in CC2, have you tried that yet?

Also, try turning Wintest to an incorrect port or temporarily uninstalling whilst trying the 632 module. That way they don`t both vie for the same port at the same time. I see their is a USB and a serial model, is yours the USB type?

Hope this helps, HNY by the way,

Steve

Last edited:

reider

morgant6911 said:
Mine is USB, both were set to com 4(the correct port) and run at seperate times.
Even though one is run at a time, the very fact that the other exists (Wintest) stops the CC software from running. At least here it did, and for several other people.

By changing the com port to an incorrect one in Wintest, it should allow the CC software to work. I usually have Wintest on com 3 to work on the module then set it to com 1 when I use CC2. I only use Wintest for the 631 USB to set the boot screen. My 634 on virtual com 6 has its own bootscreen so no shenanigans there.

Just try it and let me know how you get on. It will protest but try it anyway. This used to happen on the 631 before I added the 634 and on CC1 software.

Steve