CC 1.06 - Cannot Create System Shell Notification Icon

perplexed

Every so ofen when I re-login to XP from the login page, I get the error popiup "Cannot Create System Shell Notification Icon". This seems to be related to (re?)starting the CrystalControl application, since the CC icon soon gets removed from the taskbar, and the CC app fails to initiate/run.

I'm running a 631 module (USB, virtual COM port)

Anyone run into this and have a workaround? Typically this only seems to happen after I've already logged in and out of after an initial boot. Since I generally suspend the PC it's something I'm running into quite frequently, since it's rarely booted fresh. The error has never been seen after a clean boot and login.

Thanks!
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

rschissler

I get this same error sometimes. I can go to the start menu and get Crystalfontz running, but why do I get this error on startup?

reider

Unfortunately CC1 is no longer recieving active support, everyone has moved on to CC2. CC1 relies only on advice from existing/past users though not many use the thread these days.

Steve

jiro_z

cannot create system shell notification icon

I always get this message "cannot create system shell notification icon" when i startup my ASUS notebook,i will thank you very much that if you can help me resolve this problem,thanks

razabashir

Anyone run into this and have a workaround? Typically this only seems to happen after I've already logged in and out of after an initial boot[urlhttp://www.actualtests.com]70-461[/url]
. Since I generally suspend the PC it's something I'm running into quite frequently, since it's rarely booted fresh. The error has never been seen after a clean boot and login.