Weather Info?

Ferrari355

My display should be coming in 2 days.. is their a way I can get weather info to show on the display?

that would sure help.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Ferrari355

I was messing around with Lcdsmartie

It has this line in it..

$weather.com (CAXX0504)

When I add that on the Lcd it says Connection Timed out

Is it because it's on their end or mines?

Dig

The argument in that command is your weather.com Location code.

Easiest way to find this code out is to go to weather.com type in your City name, and when you get to the page that displays weather for your city, look in the address bar. Mine is USVA0294.

BTW, I believe CrystalControl2 will have support for plugins, and when that comes, Im sure there will be a weather pluggin following shortly from the community.

akweb

Third-party weather program

If people are interested, I could write an app that would retrieve weather information into a file which can then be read into most LCD software that can read in text files, etc (LCD Smartie can).

It's basically a separate app that runs in the tray and constantly updates a text file with current weather data, etc.

If anyone is interested, let me know.

-AK

dsieb

hi!
i have the 631, but i get this error.

"Die Komponente "LONGTIMER.OCX" oder eine ihrer Abhängigkeiten ist nicht richtig registriert: Eine Datei fehlt oder ist ungültig."

fogcutter

I get the same message in English:

Component 'LONGTIMER.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

I'm using the 634 USB

reider

fogcutter said:
I get the same message in English:

Component 'LONGTIMER.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

I'm using the 634 USB
Same message here, got the 631 model.

Steve

aafflyer

I don't think I am violating my beta test agreement, but there is a CC2 weather plug in coming in CC2. You can get US weather by zip code, or global weather by using the nearest airport code that reports weather. Should do everything everyone has for asked here. I know cause I wrote the plug-in ;)

Charlie

akweb

Forgot to include some OCXs and DLLs with the install. I'll have another install available tomorrow.

-AK