External case for CF634 USB

Chris Knowles

I've just received an external case for the CF 634, USB model, from the guys @ http://www.lc-design.de

They should be coming out very soon, so just wanted to share this with everyone. I've included some low-res. pictures of the case with my blue lcd installed, and I'll post some higher-res. ones if someone wants me to. I think you can get it coated in different colours as well, but mine is a simple plain aluminium one.

I've heard of difficulties getting these in the US, so if people want them, I could possibly supply some, as I live in the UK.

Chris

P.S. I am in no way affiliated with lc-design
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Attachments

Joaquin

Chris,

Thanks for replying. I have been trying for a while to draw some attention to the need for external cases. I would love to get my hands on case just like the one you have. How can we go about getting one to me?

J

Chris Knowles

I'm not sure, as I said they are not out yet, but when they are (soon), then I wouldn't charge much more than the cost + shipping. We could do it through eBay or directly. I could ship the item anyway you wanted, as long as you paid. eg. just normal (Royal Mail), FedEx...etc..

Chris

Joaquin

Good to know. When they are out and available, submit a post to the thread and we'll take it up then. Sound good?

J

Chris Knowles

Yep, sounds fine. I'll try to find out when they will be coming out. Also I think I'll be able to get them cheaper if enough people want them. So far there is you and one other guy has mailed me.

Cheers

Chris

sven

Not fair! Someone should import these into the US - they will sell like hotcakes off the griddle.

goodyr

The box looks great. Please post when they are available. I will buy one through Ebay or other means. I need to free up a bay. Thanks, Ralph

Chris Knowles

The cases are available now. There is just one problem - the price. By the time they have been shipped to me (Germany->UK), and I have shipped them to you (UK->USA), they are going to end up costing around £50 GBP, which is around $78-79 USD. If anyone is still interested private message me and we will sort it out.

Chris

Mastermind

I have found the info page for these on the LC-Design website, but I can't find them to order in the product catalogue.

Could you point me in the right direction?

Chris Knowles

I don't think there is a info page for the usb cases, just the serial ones. Email them about the case stating what you want. They don't take credit card though. Only bank transfer (banks will charge around £10 for this) or cheques (in Euros - banks will also charge a fortune for this).

Kevin

I ordered a case from them and the charge was an extra 10.00 for the bank to cash a US check. I ordered the USB case and it came to $70.00 shipped from Germany to NYC.

Chris Knowles

I didn't think they would ship to the US. I started this post because I had heard that they didn't and was willing to ship across from the UK.

What coating did you get on the case? Also, the one I have is only a sample, not a final product. Could you tell me if the screen aligns correctly with the hole in the front on the case (the internal pins are aligned correctly), and also if the side panels are finished off correctly (the edges on mine are rough).

Thanks