Horizontal expansion

spectrum24

I replaced an existing 160x128 display with a CFAG160128B-TMI-TZ and having an issue. It seems to be spreading horizontally, every 6 pixels it adds 2 blanks. You can see this effect in the attached photo.
There are normally 5 soft keys at the bottom of this screen.

It is the same resolution as what was in there, 160x128, with the same hatachi controller

Any ideas?

Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

I would guess that the initialization prarmeters are wrong.
" with the same hatachi controller "
The datasheet says the CFAG160128B-TMI-TZ uses a T6963C controller. The web page says it uses a "T6963C compatible" controller. So I'm thinking the current version has a controller that is less than 100% compatible. CFA tech support may have more info for you. You could email them with a link to this thread.

Based on your previous thread, I also guess that you don't have any control over the host device's code, regarding display control.

spectrum24

I would guess that the initialization prarmeters are wrong.

The datasheet says the CFAG160128B-TMI-TZ uses a T6963C controller. The web page says it uses a "T6963C compatible" controller. So I'm thinking the current version has a controller that is less than 100% compatible. CFA tech support may have more info for you. You could email them with a link to this thread.

Based on your previous thread, I also guess that you don't have any control over the host device's code, regarding display control.
No, I don't. I emailed tech support, we'll see what they say. Thanks.