CF display controller

Telegrind

Is it possible to hook up a Matrix Orbital serial controller to a CF parallel front half?
I have a dead MO LCD2041 display that's dead but the serial controller is still good. It looks to be electrically compatible and it would save me some work if I could just solder the MO serial board to the CF display.
I have a parallel connection ready to go and the MO serial board is ready to go but the beer hasn't gotten involved yet. BTW, Screw The Warranty!
BTW, I know how to solder, I'm micromin component level repair "C" qual'ed NAMTRAGRUDET 1025 (if you know what that means, email me, we'll talk)
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
OK. Yes. It might work. If the holes line up, it might even be easy.

But it would feel so dirty, /me shivers :)

Be sure and post pics of the unholy devil spawn when you are done ;)

Telegrind

CF Display with MO (enemy) serial converter

So YES an "alien" serial/parallel converter is just fine!?! I assumed it would be. It really won't APPEAR to be an unholy hell-spawned mutant, in fact it'll be just as normal looking as your next door neighbor. (provided they AREN'T mis-begotten deviants).
Anyway I'm still in the planning stages and design layout of the power connection and contrast/backlight pots so it will be a week or two till I get the display intalled in my case. I've got a fairly slick design in mind so pic's will be in the offing.