dv-16236 LCD help

firemen

i have about 50 dv-16236 all new and i am looking in to hooking it to my computer some how i know it can be done and such was hoping some one out there would have the time to look into this and see if they could fig it out making a wire and finding or making some software i could use on my computer if u can let me know i can supply a display for testing and to keep like i said i got like 50 and wana make some computer case mods

email me if you think you can hack it

toreson2000@yahoo.com

i also have the PDF that go's with it

Thanks
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

firemen

wire

that looks about right! but the display has 14 pins on it and the link you posted is for 16-18 pin! ill look in to it see what i can find i have some wires that have the plugs on it! im still lost in the wiring diagram to convert what is on the cable to a parallel or USB

The first 14 pins are the same for these displays. The extra pins are for a negative voltage option and/or duplicate pins for the backlight, which you don't need to use.

You won't be able to adapt your display to USB unless you also get a USB-to-parallel converter, which would also require custom software. The parallel printer port method can at least be used with CFA's standard software.

firemen

Frustrated

been working on it off and on for a while and yet to no a vale still not working cant think what going wrong running 4.5v- 5v like the PDF says any sug. let me know!

Last edited:
There is not enough information here to know what your setup is.

Are you connected to a parallel port, like in the link I posted? If so, what is the port address and what voltage level are the signals?

What software are you using to try to control the display?

Can you post a photo of the hookup?

firemen

setup

i hooked it to DB25 like the link you posted linked the 5v to the lines it says ill post a pic of the setup i have as soon as i get to my camera