Just got CFAG12864A... want to convert

grolyn

At a computer and electronic swap meet I picked up a blue and white 128x64 LCD module that looks exactly like the one on Crystalfonts as model CFAG12864A (right down to the same marking on PCB). I paid only $20 for it

It has 5v in, PS/2 keyboard, and what I think is BASIC stamp module that interfaced the keyboard to the LCD. it worked great when I tried it so it should be good.

I would like to take off the keyboard module and wire it for hookup to PC and use the display as various (local weather, computer status, and current date/time, etc). It will replace the existing 20x4 character display that doesn't have working backlight display (EL don't last forever :( ) and rather than get another 20x4 display I wanted graphic display and was lucky to find one a short while ago.

Is it better to go serial or parallel? If it's serial, where may I find wiring diagram? On my PC both parallel and serial port isn't being used at all anyway.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Support2

Administrator