New Version Email

reider

Previously my CC2 email worked, I tried the new March version over the top of the old. I tried the new version as a clean install and wiped out the CC2 folders just to be sure. All I got was E01 on the display where previously it displayed subject, amount of email etc. I uninstalled and went back to to the old version, CC2 email now working once again.

Reider
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

jc634

Administrator
Wow, very strange.

This is the first time I ever got it working.

I guess the keyphrase is YMMV...:(

Must have something to do with the SSL routines.

CF Mark

Administrator
The old email plugin uses "cc2_email.ini", the new one uses "cc2_email2.ini".
If you rename "cc2_email.ini" to "cc2_email2.ini" your old email screens should then work with the new plugin.

dwkdiver

cc2_email2.ini ?????????????

I have the lastest version installed and it has cc2_email.dll and it will NOT find cc2_email2.ini.

It will find cc2_email.ini it creats this file with the New Email.2004 pluggin.

What am I missing?

OH, it will determine the number of emails but that is all it dones.

What should I do?

reider

At one point I think for some reason only the old .dll worked for me. Since I put in a new mobo, OC`d (woo hoo 3 gig on each core), wiped the drive and started again I just installed CC2 out of the box and that was that. Even copied the present email.2004 and changed it so I could check two different accounts by changing the file name and the title showing from the screen. Admin will sort you out...... these things are sent to test us.

Reider

dwkdiver

here u go....attached a zip file

I had the email try twice before I zipped the info.

Note that the number of emails is returned correct each time! nothing else is ever returned. maybe its Comcast LOL.

I noticed that there is a lot of "account busy" stuff so I made sure the account was not open or being sent mail to while this test was being done. Maybe the plug-in is not waiting long enough for the first data request to end before the next....i dont know. hope you can figure it out.

thanks

Attachments

dwkdiver

Geeze now email is working......????

Now email is working......

Thanks for the fix LOL!!! I didn't do a thing.....I swear.

Just started working and showing all the info from the email.2004 screen.

I don't know why, don't ask me....

I will keep my fingers crossed.