Adding Everest/WMI/SysTool Data to a CC2 Screen

jc634

Administrator
Adding Everest/WMI/SysTool Data to a CC2 Screen

Writing screens for Everest/WMI/SysTool data is somewhat difficult and rather hardware specific to a particular computer. So...

What follows are instructions for adding Everest data to a CC2 GUI screen. Adding basic WMI or SysTool data is done basically the same way.

Click on the Add New screen button:

Type in your screen name in the Screen Name field:

Highlight the WMI Information item and drag it to a line on the virtual LCD screen:

A new window will open which list all the WMI information available to your computer:

Change the Name Space menu to root\WMI:

Scroll down the Classes list. Find the EVEREST SensorValues item and highlight it:

Highlight the Instances value you want:

And highlight the Properties value you want and click on the OK button:

That value is now displayed on the virtual LCD:

Repeat the above to add additional data. Click on the OK button and restart CC2. You've just created a new screen:

Author: N/A

Screen zip file: N/A

Install Instructions: N/A (See above)

Development thread: N/A
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

lordtygr

hi,

i know this is kinda an old thread, but i like what i see, i just need more info.

i've tried using MBM, but my mobo is not supported.
I tried using speed fan, and although it detects the sensor chip, i cant really make heads or tails of how to get it to work. i.e. it reports my fan speeds as 135000rpm, lol.

then i found everest, and it is so far, the easiest, most accurate monitoring progam i've used yet. at the moment i have not bought the license yet and am still using the trial version. i would like to buy it, but i want to make sure i can really use it like i want. with this post you've given me hope, lol

however, i followed your instructions, with everest running, and i dont see the everest_sensor class in the root/wmi name space. is there something i need to enable in everest? or is it because i am still using the trial version?

TIA! :eek:

lordtygr

i tried posting this question last night, but i guees the forum server decided it wasnt needed ; ;

anyway, i followed your instructions, but i dont see "everest_sensors" in the "root/wmi" name space. Is this because i am still using the trial version? i will buy it, but i wanted to be sure it will work with CC2 since MBM is dead and i just cant seem to figure out speedfan. everest is the ONLY program to report all info accurately.

jc634

Administrator
iirc, you have to have the registered version to use this feature. Sorry. :(

FWIW, I am in the habit of using the WMI for as much info as I can grab from it. And Everest is a nice program for use with CC2.