RivaTuner Screen Problem

FragTek

I'm having some trouble with the RivaTuner plugin, for some reason I can't get the screen to display the GPU clocks or the PCB temp (which I could understand the PCB temp if my card doesnt have a probe for that...). I have all hardware monitoring options turned on in Riva and am running a 7900GTO. GPU clock display reads NSMHz and PCB temp reads NS*c. I'm using RivaTuner 2.0 RC 16.1 if that helps at all. Thx in advance.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

FragTek

Update: I got the PCB temp working, I was able to get that from a plugin for the hardware monitoring of Riva. Still can't get my clock speed to display however :(

jc634

Administrator
hmmm. I currently use ATI Tray Tools, since I have an ATI card.;) Been awhile since I've used RivaTuner.

I'll install Riva sometime tomorrow and see if I can figure how I got everything working on my card. Once I do that, I should be better able to answer your question(s).

Patience...:D

JC

FragTek

hmmm. I currently use ATI Tray Tools, since I have an ATI card.;) Been awhile since I've used RivaTuner.

I'll install Riva sometime tomorrow and see if I can figure how I got everything working on my card. Once I do that, I should be better able to answer your question(s).

Patience...:D

JC
Thx mate... The clock speed problem seems wierd, it *should* be able to just pull it right from Riva's original setup you would think, or maybe it has something to do with the newest build of RT?

jc634

Administrator
Not sure. I'll try the release I have, and go from there. I do remember something about having to turn on HW monitoring.

Been a long day for me, and I need to sleep-off that Turkey dinner I had...;)

JC

FragTek

Not sure. I'll try the release I have, and go from there. I do remember something about having to turn on HW monitoring.

Been a long day for me, and I need to sleep-off that Turkey dinner I had...;)

JC
Yeah hardware monitoring has to be turned on, I've got that part and that pulled up my memory clock speeds, gpu temp, and ambient temp. Just won't give me the darn clock frequency.

Have a good sleep, and turkey sandwiches for lunch tomorrow, w00t w00t!

jc634

Administrator
hmm.

Tried RivaTuner 2.0 RC 15.8 withe Catalyst 6.11. Wouldn't even give me the monitoring icon.

Tried RivaTuner 2.0 RC 16.1. Enabled monitoring and CC2 would not display anything.

Perhaps CCadmin needs to look at and see if anything got broke.

Sorry.:(

JC

FragTek

hmm.

Tried RivaTuner 2.0 RC 15.8 withe Catalyst 6.11. Wouldn't even give me the monitoring icon.

Tried RivaTuner 2.0 RC 16.1. Enabled monitoring and CC2 would not display anything.

Perhaps CCadmin needs to look at and see if anything got broke.

Sorry.:(

JC
Wierd cuz even I got 16.1 to work for me for the most part, maybe CCadmin can figure it out? Thanks for trying JC!