Plugin Requests

emergent

I searched but didn't see anything. It would be amazing if there was a social media plugin. Something that would allow me to see how many new likes my business' Facebook page gets/day/week/month etc. It would also be great to be able to display how many daily Twitter mentions, Followers or retweets we have. Same goes for other sites like Instagram, etc.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Crystalmancer

Would love to see a plugin for HWinfo http://www.hwinfo.com/ . I would like to display the temps and clocks of my GPUs, plus so much more.
With you on this one. HWINFO rocks.

I do have a hack, and I mean a MAJOR HACK, involving HWINFO writing to the registry (it does this when you enable the "HWINFO gadget") and AHK (AutoHotKey) pulling the data from the registry and spitting it out into an .ini file, where CrystalControl finally uses the Text plugin to read the data.

Like I said, major hack, but I can pull almost any data I want out of HWINFO for the LCD.

In case you're wondering, it uses about 3-4% cpu.

Crystalmancer

Thats some nice software!
The list of sensor data is very impressive.

I'll see what i can do :)
Mark, the developer, Martin, is a VERY nice guy and I do believe that he has expressed his willingness to help with communicating with the shared memory of HWINFO. May make the effort a little easier.

http://www.hwinfo.com/forum/Thread-Shared-Memory-Support

This would be awesome, as his software is the only one (that I know of) currently that supports controlling the fans in Alienware laptops (which is sorely needed, as the firmware profile is dismal). It'd be nice to be able to use HWINFO as the all-in-one solution for fan control and sensor reporting to CC2! :D

ForTiLLiaN

I found that CC2 can already pull data from WMI. I found that Open Hardware Monitor puts all the temp sensor data and a few other things into WMI. I am able to pull CPU and GPU Temps and Load% but not GPU core clock speeds or GPU memory speeds. Ill keep looking through there and see if that info is buried somewhere deep inside.

CF Mark

Administrator
There is now :)
Extract the ZIP and put both DLL files into your "C:\Program Files\CrystalControl2" or similar directory.
This plugin will be included by default with future CC2 releases.

The plugin pulls data from HWiNFO four times per second.
If you are seeing updates slower than that, it'll be because HWiNFO's default update rate is once every second.
You can increase the HWiNFO update speed in HWiNFO, but its CPU usage will probably go up, and its sensor reading accuracy may go down.

Let me know if you guys find any issues.

Attachments

Crystalmancer

There is now :)
Extract the ZIP and put both DLL files into your "C:\Program Files\CrystalControl2" or similar directory.
This plugin will be included by default with future CC2 releases.

The plugin pulls data from HWiNFO four times per second.
If you are seeing updates slower than that, it'll be because HWiNFO's default update rate is once every second.
You can increase the HWiNFO update speed in HWiNFO, but its CPU usage will probably go up, and its sensor reading accuracy may go down.

Let me know if you guys find any issues.
WOOT! Awesome!

Hadn't stopped by in a while. I'll test it and let you know how it goes.

Thanx man!

Crystalmancer

OK, so I dl'ed the HWINFO plug-in. Working great since day one. Absolutely no issues. HWINFO reports so much different info, that it's the only plugin I'm using now...well, that and the GIF plugin. :)

I just installed the 9-15 exe. Installed without a hitch. No restart was nice. :) Everything working out of the box so far.

This is all on a 735 and 635.

ForTiLLiaN

Thank you so much for support HWiNFO and breathing new life into my LCD. I did have an issues with displaying the value for CPU Package Power, IA Cores Power, Total DRAM Power. CC2 Config window shows "RERR1" as the value. Posted in the Bugs section. So far everything else works great. Thanks!!

Madness

I know this thread is several months old. But I recently discovered HWInfo & wanted to try the plugin w/ my 635. So, I have the new 9/15 beta running (just fine). But do I need an associated screen in order to use the plugin?

CF Mark

Administrator
There are no example HWiNFO screens to load, so youll need to create your own.
Just add a new screen, and in the screen editor drag and drop the "HWiNFO Information" item onto the green screen area above.
Make sure HWiNFO is running while doing this.

dwkdiver

Well I am giving CC2 a go again and at the same time using HWINFO. It is working so far. I have one issue that I don't use ALL the HWINFO data, so I have HWINFO hide what I don't use. I cannot access the first item, which for me is CORE #0 CLOCK. Everything else is fine. It may have to do with hiding all information before that except of course the section name.

I used to use Speed Fan, but HWINFO is so much better. I have my cc2_service.ini file changing to certain screens and lcd_635.ini changing the led colors on my 635 depending on the temperatures, % use, fan speed, etc. I for the life of me cannot figure out how to get the ID NUMBERS to use for that from HWINFO (the ones below are from SpeedFan which you can get from the speedfan.ini file...any help is appreciated!

examples:

CHANGE LED COLOR if temp is over 75, notice the speedfan ID number 2175758444: in file lcd_635.ini

led01_order=5
led01_smooth=7
led01_id_value=2175758444
led01_value_max=75.000000
led01_value_min=25.000000

MOVE TO A SCREEN if temp is over 75, notice the speedfan ID number 791874085: in file cc2_service.ini

[m00-event01]
if_type=1
if=791874085
cond=2
to=75.000000
do_type=1
do=7.000000

dwkdiver

WELL I ANSWERED MY OWN QUESTION!!!!!!!!!

If you open the CONFIGURE screen in CC2 and hover the mouse over the screen on the value that you want it will show you the ID it uses. That is all I needed.