CFA631 USB Display On Windows 98

POE_UK

Hello.

Does anyone know of a driver that works on windows 98?

Running windowsXP or higher is not an option

Thanks.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Mark

Administrator
We had to dig deep to find these.
Attached are USB drivers from 2003 which may work for you.
(note: these will only work with quite old Crystalfontz displays. We do not have drivers for Win98 that work with newer displays)

Attachments

POE_UK

(note: these will only work with quite old Crystalfontz displays. We do not have drivers for Win98 that work with newer displays)
Thank you so much i will try this

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad

POE_UK

Mark you are a Legend, this driver works perfect on windows9x, i can finally use my display now!

I know crystal control v2 doesn't work in windows98 but version1 does, us retro computer users love crystalfontz displays, theyre without a doubt the best quality displays you can buy, even though the CFA631 is marketed as a character display i think its actually a graphic display because its dot matrix with no character gaps (which is awesome)

Ive tried several cheap chinese LCD displays that use the LCD2USB protocol, and none of them are anywhere near as good as this little beast, its fitted in my custom win98 desktop pc ill post a couple of pics soon, ive basically scratch built a mini hifi in the front of the case using the supplied blanking plates, an am now using this screen to show winamp stuff (winamp v5.24)

In a nutshell its a minidisc recording studio, consisting of the socket 754 3700+ CPU (top cpu for windows98) and 2gb ram, on an ASUS K8V SE Deluxe motherboard, its all running perfect now so once again thank you very much for going out of your way to find me this driver.