LCD Identification Help

Nerd80shane

Hi All,

I have salvaged a bunch of LCD modules from Avaya 5410 desk phones (our company is upgrading so have a few spare to experiment with). I have attached some photos but the markings don't turn up anything in Google. The sticker reads "5520FGNNBNH 4707-5 T(ROHS) B12". The PCA has "V005520 REV:A" on it too. It is a 5x29 character display.

I have spent ages trying the above markings in Google as well as different combinations with no luck. I am currently in the process of using a logic analyser to interrogate the pins to try to reverse engineer it that way but thought I would post here to see if anyone has seen one in their travels. It looks like a custom job but maybe the markings might jog someone's memory.

The display interfaces with a M30620FCPFP single chip microcomputer on the main controller board of the phone. I have traced the signals back to the chip to get some idea of the pin assignment but without knowing the controller details of the display I am having trouble interfacing it to an Arduino. I will neaten up the table of my findings tonight and add them to the post.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Attachments

Last edited:

Nerd80shane

Hi CF Kelsey,

Thank you very much for the reply, especially as it isn't your display. I found a datasheet for the LM4068 which gave me some hope until I read the pinout table - it is completely different to what I beeped out on the control board.

I think I might park this project as it is consuming quite a bit of time. Thanks again for the reply.